I attended Northeastern University from September 2012 to May 2017 to earn my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a Minor in Mathematics. While pursuing my degree I was able to maintain a 3.635 GPA, while receiving a Connections Merit Scholarship and admission into the NU Pi Tau Sigma Honor Society.
While at Northeastern University I participated in three co-ops at Flex, Hasbro and Eemax. Please see below for details on my responsibilites at these co-ops.
Program Management Co-op (July - December 2016)
- Managed two cross-functional engineering teams which included from 4 to 12 Software, Mechanical and Electrical team members on internal projects.
- Led team meetings to ensure projects were on task and all potential issues were resolved.
- Communicated with multiple vendors to get materials quoted and on order for quick delivery time to maintain schedule.
- Prepared outline of the scope of projects including the schedule, budget, and deliverables for external and internal use.
- Communicated with upper management to keep full team up to date on project progress and roadblocks.
Project Engineering Co-op (July - December 2015)
- Created two toy concepts for Marvel Team and then worked with two other co-op students to 3D print, assemble and present prototypes of these concepts.
- Compiled information on target completion dates, target cost, and design from engineering, marketing, project management and design teams for project initiation of products.
- Prepared project initiation and sample planning forms for multiple teams within the Marvel department to give manufacturers in China parameters for production, and to ask for a quote from partners in China.
- Received product samples from vendors and reviewed for functionality, then communicated any product issues to partners in China for adjustments.
- Collaborated with team of five co-op students on term long project through the co-op program which consisted of conceptualizing a product, researching and analyzing consumer insights, developing cost analysis of product and presenting our findings to the company.
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (July 2014 - January 2015)
- Tested competitor product for comparisons and presented findings to CEO of company.
- Designed experiment to test for energy efficiency of new product design of mini-tank hot water heaters.
- Drew schematics and automated system for balancing pH of testing lab and production floor water.
- Wrote test procedures, conducted testing and documented and reported results.
- Collaborated with engineer to redesign, test and bring product to production.
- Used SolidWorks to redesign production mechanism as well as edit drawings to updated versions.
- Compared life cost of storage tank water heaters by calculating the heat loss to the environment.